Monday, March 4, 2013

A Change in Focus

You'll notice a bit of a change in focus here.  For years, I called this website The Creative, and I focused on creativity -- mine, yours, how to do more of it, and how to live it as a daily way of life.  Over the past several months, however, my time for writing about creativity has dwindled, and it's finally come down to the point where I can either write about how to be creative, or I can focus on my own creativity.  Perhaps somewhat selfishly, I've decided to lead by example and devote my energy and time to living the creative life I feel called to lead.

As such, this website will no longer be known as The Creative, but will instead become my own personal website.  At least half, if not more, of the site was already my personal website, with listings of my compositions (both current and forthcoming), links to my publishers and music, and many blog entries about my own creativity.  I've removed some elements from the page that didn't have to do with the new focus (and which, truth be told, had been up there so long I'm not sure anyone paid them any attention anyway).  I've added other elements (such as a list of upcoming festivals and workshops where I'll be in locations scattered across the country) and revamped still others to bring them all into line with this new vision for the website.

So I still invite you to spend time here and explore -- there are still goodies to be found -- but the name has changed and the focus has shifted.  I still wish you all the very best in your creative journeys, and invite you to open a dialog with me if you think any of my thoughts or ideas might be of use to you ... but at least in broad, sweeping terms, this site has shifted its focus.

There will still be updates here, so I do invite you to subscribe via email or RSS feed (both available at the side of the page), and I do, as always, wish you all the very best in your creative journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment