Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Summary, December 1, 2012

We've reached the last month of the year, and at least here in Indianapolis, we're going to hit 60 degrees today.  Personally, I'm ready for some snow and colder temperatures, since that's great composing weather. 

Music -- Much of my composing is taking a back seat to other musical commitments these next few weeks, mainly concerts and services at church, though there are a few other activities in there, as well.  I did a bit of work on an upcoming handbell commission, but other than that, not much else got done.

Publishing -- There was a bit of movement here this week.  I received and looked over the proof for my forthcoming set of 12 bell Christmas tunes from Choristers Guild (I'm really excited about these -- my first 12 bell pieces in print, as well as my first publication from Choristers).  I also heard that my 2/3 octave medley of "Wash, O God, Ye Sons and Daughters" and "Sing Praise to God Who Reigns Above" has been accepted at Soundforth.  As it stands right now, I think I have a sum total of two handbell pieces on which I'm waiting to hear something, so I guess I'd better get busy and get writing.


That's about it from here.  Expect sparse summaries the next couple of weeks, and also expect me to miss a Wednesday here or there as things get hectic.  Until the next time we meet, happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment