Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Summary, November 24, 2012

A Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you all!  Here's hoping that large meals, time with family, and insane shopping scenarios haven't kept you from getting something creative accomplished.

Music -- I had precious little time this week to work, though I did finish up some band pieces I was working on, as well as tidied up a handbell solo.  The plan for the coming week is to keep working on the set of handbell solos with piano accompaniment and optional instruments that I'm working on, and then, as time allows, look back to handbell music.  I've got some commission deadlines coming up, so I need to get cracking.

Publishing -- Nothing major on this front, although I did send off the two band arrangements I finished up.  They mark my first foray into the world of band composing, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of them.  If nothing else, they've got me thinking in new and more creative ways, and were a nice change of pace from what I usually write.


That's it from here.  The Christmas and Advent seasons are upon us, so for many of us musicians, that means that things will be crazy and hectic for the next five weeks.  Here's hoping you all stay sane, and that your holiday season is rich and full of fun, laughter, and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment