Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Summary, November 17, 2012

Another week has come and gone, and I'm not fully sure I've got the results to show for it.  Of course, part of that could be that I've started taking time to lay extension cords outside for our annual Christmas light display.  Once the lights are up, there ought to be more time for creative work.

Hopefully.

Music -- In a vast departure for me, I actually spent the lion's share of my working time this week on a couple of pieces for concert band.  I've never really tried to write for band before, but it's an area I'd like to break into, and that will never happen if I don't start writing pieces.  I can't guarantee they're of any quality or substance, but they're about 80% done, and hopefully I can get them finished in this short week before Thanksgiving and get them sent off to publishers.

Publishing -- I'm still playing the waiting game in terms of my pieces showing up on publisher and retailer sites.  There are more listed in various places, but I'm still waiting on the audio recordings to show up.  Once they do, I'll certainly post links here.

The big news of the week was that GIA publishing has accepted six of my hymn arrangements for piano.  I have no idea what the plan is for releasing them, but as I find out more, I'll pass the information along.  That makes two publishers releasing my piano works, so it's a definite step in the right direction.


That's it from here.  I'm not going to place any bets about the coming week, what with Thanksgiving sitting square in the middle of it.  I hope to finish up a couple of things, but we'll just have to wait and see.  In the meantime, have a wonderful week, a blessed Thanksgiving, and we'll see you back here on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment