Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Summary, November 10, 2012

This is one of those weeks where I almost forgot I still have a blog, and that I'm supposed to post something on a Saturday morning -- got up, made coffee, did some housework, made my son laugh, had breakfast ... conveniently forgot about a Saturday Summary.

Until now ...

Music -- It's actually been a really good week for composing.  I've worked on another handbell and instrumental solo, a 2-3 octave handbell piece, and finished up yet another string orchestra arrangement.  I hope to get several projects completely finished up over the next few days (most of what I've done has been of the rough-draft variety, not the polished-final-draft variety) and then turn my eyes to something new and completely outside my comfort zone ... but more on that next week, hopefully.

Publishing -- There's been almost nothing new here, though I expect things to pick up in the next couple of weeks as publishers start releasing their next batch of pieces.  I did get a proof of a piece that's going to be appearing in an upcoming collection from Lorenz.  I have several pieces I'm trying to work around to get ready for submission, so I hope that happens in the coming week.  Beyond that, I'm just waiting for publishers and retailers to list my new pieces on their sites. 


That's about it from here.  I'll see you all back here Wednesday.  Until then, have a great weekend, and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment