Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Summary, October 6, 2012

Another good week here Creativity-wise, one made all the better by the fact that my wife, an elementary teacher, is off for the next two weeks, meaning child-watching duties will be shared, and we can both catch a bit of rest. 

Music -- I spent the first part of this week finishing up some edits to some 2/3 octave handbell arrangements, then the latter part of the week playing around with some handbell solos.  The solos are still in rough draft phase, but hopefully will get finished off here in the next couple of weeks.  My plans for the coming week involve turning to some larger projects again and trying to knock a couple of things off my to-do list.

Writing -- The only writing I did this week involved my proposals for the classes I'd like to teach at next summer's Handbell Musicians of America National Seminar in Portland, Oregon.  I've very nearly got all the required information gathered together and ready to send off, and the deadline for it isn't until November 1. 

I'm still debating whether or not I'm doing National Novel Writing Month this year or not.  If I am, I'll probably start gearing up for it in the next couple of weeks.

Publishing -- A fairly busy week here.  First, the aforementioned 2/3 octave handbell arrangements got picked up for the Lorenz Ring and Rejoice magazine, though for the issues coming out during the 2014-2015 season, so they won't see the light of day for a while yet. 

Then, I had not one but two publishers send me proofs of soon-to-be-released pieces and ask me to make my edits on them.  That's never a terribly difficult task, but it is a bit time-consuming, yet I managed to get them both checked and corrections sent off within about a day and a half, so that's about the last I'll need to do with those pieces.


That's it from here.  It's 39 degrees out this morning and I'm expecting the heater to kick on at some point today.  Autumn is definitely here, and it's starting to think about heading into winter.  All in all, it sounds like a great time to stay in and get some creating done.  Hope you're able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment