Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Summary, October 27, 2012

This is a late-morning edition of the Saturday Summary this week.  My wonderful wife got up with our son this morning and let me sleep in until the almost impossible-to-believe hour of 9:00.  I know that for much of the rest of society, that's a typical weekend wake up time, but for me, it was a true luxury.

It's been a good and fulfilling week here.  Read on to see how.

Music -- I didn't get any projects finished this week, but I did progress on several.  I spent some more time working on a set of handbell/instrumental solos with piano accompaniment, and also spent a bit of time dabbling with some string orchestra pieces, something I've been wanting to make time for for a while.  This weekend and next week should offer more of the same and maybe, just maybe, an actual finished product or two.

Publishing -- There hasn't been much in the way of work here, but there has been a lot in terms of new pieces coming out.  My three newest from Jeffers Handbell Supply are up on their website (no audio yet): Be Still, My Soul; Abide With Me; and Escape Velocity (the latter of which has quite possibly the coolest cover I've ever seen on a handbell composition):

I also received my composer's copies of my four newest releases from Beckenhorst Press: In the Garden; Were You There?; Jerusalem, My Happy Home; and NocturneNo audio on these yet, either, but as soon as it's available, I'll certainly post it here.


That's it from here.  Have a fantastic weekend and a great week, and we'll see you back here Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment