Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Summary, October 20, 2012

We're still in vacation mode here in the Krug household: I'm taking the week off from work at church and my wife is finishing her second of two weeks off between quarters at school.  We spent three fantastic days at a cabin less than an hour south of home, a place with stunning fall leaves, a nice hot tub and game room, and no access to the internet. 

Despite this being part of my week's vacation from church, being a Creative never takes a vacation ...

Music -- I haven't had much time to work, but I've done a bit of writing on a set of handbell/instrumental solos a publisher had suggested I try my hand at.  I'm nearly done with the rough draft of the first of five, and when our schedule gets back to normal on Monday, I ought to be able to get the rest finished within a week or two. 

Beyond that, I have one piece I need to get edited and polished a bit because I think we're going to do it at church in a couple of weeks, and right now, it's not ready. 

Writing -- Still debating National Novel Writing Month.  It would be sad not to do it this year, but I'm pretty full-up on creative pursuits as it is right now.  Perhaps I can try some sort of alternate month-long challenge dealing with composing.  We'll see ...

Publishing -- Came home to find a contract waiting for me in the email box for my upcoming Be Still, My Soul from Red River Music.  Then later that afternoon got in the email the proof of Into the Wilderness, the piece I was commissioned to write for the Georgia Spring Festival this coming March.  I finished going over that proof and got it back to the publisher -- with the festival just over four months away, people are already wanting to purchase it, which they can't until it's in print! 

Otherwise, a very slow week on the publishing front.


That's all from here.  My wife goes back to school Monday, so I resume the post of full-time baby caretaker (tomorrow he'll be seven months -- oy!), but with my son taking longer naps, I ought to have time to get my work done when I need to.  Here's hoping next week's Summary is chock-full of good news, and that your own creative week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment