Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Summary, September 29, 2012

Despite all manner of unexpected and irregular trips out this week, I still managed to get a fair bit of work done.  Right now I'm trying to hold on until my wife's two-week fall break, and only have one more week to go.  We're both counting the days ...

Music -- I've spent this whole week working on several different arrangements for 2/3 octave handbell ensemble that I hope to get included in the Lorenz Ring and Rejoice magazine.  I'm very nearly done with them, and hope to have them sent off before the weekend's out.  After that, I have several other projects in my sights, so I won't be without work for long.

Writing -- Nothing here this week.

Publishing -- No real correspondence from any publishers this week, though I am starting to see some of my newest crop of pieces showing up on various retailer websites.  I expect to see more of them in the coming weeks, and hope to start getting my composer's copies before the end of October.  Thanks to giving away quite a lot of my pieces recently, I actually have room in my filing cabinet for whatever my publishers throw my way.

Also -- this isn't exactly publishing, but it's close enough -- one of my commissions was premiered this past weekend, an arrangement of Jerusalem, My Happy Home, which was written in honor of a music minister celebrating thirty years at one church.  It was a total surprise to her -- she had no idea it was happening until she was called out of the choir loft to hear it played at Sunday service.  It was a very touching event, and one that, thankfully, was videotaped.  If you'd like to check it out, you can click here to go to the church's Facebook page, then scroll down until you find the video.  (And if you'd like to purchase it to play yourself, it ought to be coming out soon from Beckenhorst Press.)


That's it from here.  Have a great week, and we'll look for you back here on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment