Sunday, August 1, 2010

Welcome to The Creative

I'm pleased to announce that as of today, my blog about my handbell composing career is going to morph into something more far-reaching and all-encompassing: The Creative.

Just what is The Creative?  It is a site for celebrating and encouraging creativity from every one of us, in everyday situations, not just grand schemes and works of art.  It is about coming to understand how creative we all are all the time, whether we realize it or not.  It is a forum where we can encourage each other to reach our highest creative potential, not just in the arts, but in our daily quotidian lives.

(Creative assignment number one -- if you don't know what "quotidian" means, look it up.  Then, try your best to creatively work it into a conversation today.)

Much of what I write here will still center around music and composing, especially for handbells, but that's only because that's who I am and what I do.  There will also be a fair bit of focus on writing (especially when November hits and it's National Novel Writing Month).  Beyond that, however, I hope to show just how much we all rely on creativity in our lives; and if we already are so creative in our everyday lives, then what's stopping us from living out our wildest creative dreams?

I hope you'll come along with me on this journey, and please, share your comments and thoughts in the "comments" section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment